Compound Rubber Manufacturing Company seeks a Plant Chemist with Compound Rubber Mixing experience adding depth and a deeper understanding of rubber chemistry to their Technical Team in Indiana. This role report to the Director of Operations.
Industries Served: Automotive, Medical, Rail, Transit and Underground Infrastructure.
You will be leading projects to create, optimize, bringing existing formulas online, and reverse engineer rubber compounds for Extrusion, Injection and Compression and Transfer Molding applications. While working with a cross-functional team to bring formulations from initial recipe to productions implementation.
Will be working as a resource of the company and as a member of the cross functional team to further strengthen our product development. This may include training teammates on basic rubber, lending your skills and abilities to teammates working in other areas of our organization to achieve goals plus enhance upon your own skills and expertise broadening your rubber background.
- Lead R&D efforts for new and improved rubber compounds for products and processes.
- Lead continuous improvement and cost reduction projects
- Interface with supply chain to evaluate new / alternative materials.
- Interface with Rubber Mixing team in material and compound evaluation as it pertains to daily operations.
- Interface with Product Engineering in rubber extrusion and calendaring trials for product development and improvements.
- Support quality issues in analyzing product returns for rubber compatibility issues.
- Manager raw material specification database for internal and external customers.
- Manager and operate analytical lab equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science preferred with 5 years of industry expertise. The person with 10 years custom rubber mixing experience in rubber processing for final applications such as extrusion, molding, or calendaring would be ideal.
- Rubber Formulation experience with EPDM, Isoprene, Chloroprene (neoprene) Nitrile.
- Experience with analytical and statistical DOE methods for rubber compound development.
- Analytical experience with Mooney Viscometer, Rheometer, Tensiometers, Lab Mixer, Lab Mill, Cure Press, Densometer\
- Project Management demonstrated ability and organizational skills.
- MS Office
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma tolls desirable.