Compound Rubber Manufacturing Plant is looking for an MANUFACTURING/OPERATIONS ENGINEER to join their team. You will work closely with the Plant Manager with future career advancement to Plant Management.
Summary: Someone who has the ability of understanding design from an Operational standpoint. You will support plant operations by identifying and solving "operational problems". Materials, Process, and Recipe related issues in plant related to commercialized compound responsibility.
- Identifies Operational Problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigates complaints and suggestions, interview Process Supervisor and Operators.
- Identifies operational priorities by assessing operational objectives i.e. efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, and environmental quality, etc.
- Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screen alternative solutions.
- Monitors operational performance by studying operating targets, modes of operations, equipment limitations minimizing problems.
- Improve Operational Quality by observation, studying, evaluating and recommending process re-design and implementing changes.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing operating and engineering data/trends.
- Maintenance of Product Manufacturing Detail for commercialized compounds.
- Reviews incoming raw materials certificate of analysis and establish raw material spec.
- Dispose of non-conforming or over-aged raw material and finished goods. Implement corrective measures to avoid re-occurrence.
- As needed will work with Technical Service in the trial and commercialization process.
- B.S. in Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical
- Desires (5) years manufacturing environment, specializing in rubber compound/mixing technologies.
- Understanding of Chemistry, Chemical, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified specialized in rubber material desired.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple technical projects.
- Good Oral Communication and Writing Skills
- Knowledge to support PLC processes.
- Travel under 25% to support customer trials.
United States, Permanent Resident Candidates only.
Bonus Eligible Role
Please send resume Confidential Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org