Chemist, Rubber Compound Mixing
Must have Compound Rubber Mixing experience in a Manufacturing environment. Experience in compounding and fabricating materials.
Those materials include: EPDM, Natural Rubber, Fluroelastomers, Nitriles, Chloroprenes, and Specialty Elastomers.
The company is well established, great people and work environment, no bureaucracy, you make a difference, acknowledged as a person. Will provide relocation, pays 100% of healthcare, bonus, and work/life balance.
- Development of rubber compounds for a variety of markets and applications of high quality, custom precision rubber parts.
- Analysis of failures from failed rubber production batches and customer returns includes troubleshooting.
- Analytical testing of rubber products
- Analysis and interpretation of test data
- Maintenance of test equipment used for raw materials, compound and analytical testing
- Compound mixing procedures, compound specifications and quality for all processes
- Manage the R&D small lab and personnel
- Evaluation of findings to develop new concepts, products, equipment, or processes.
- Completion of process documentation
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management and sales
- Design of experiments
- Process troubleshooting - mixing, extrusion, and calendaring
- Corrective Action/Preventative Action support
- Production and Quality Support
- Customer Interactions
- Willing to work with the QC Department to meet requirements needed to maintain our ISO-900l:2015 accredidation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical, Polymer Science or Rubber Technology
- Experienced in Custom Rubber Mixing and Manufacturing.
- Rubber Compounding - Strong understanding of engineering and polymer fundamentals and conceptual skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States