Manufacturing plant of compound rubber parts for original equipment manufacturers has a Lead Chemist, Rubber Compounding opportunity to join their team of professionals.
If you are looking for stability, industry respect, no bureaucracy, a difference maker, treated like family, will pay relocation and 100% of healthcare, bonus potential, and want to work for a long standing privately owned company we welcome your resume.
Responsible for technical support for our mill room that includes mixing, extrusion and calendaring. Liaison between Production and R&D to effectively manage trials and other materials throughout the manufacturing process. Leads Lab to ensure quality of the compounds used in production.
- Development of rubber compounds for original equipment manufactures throughout the world.
- Analysis of failures from failed rubber production batches and customer returns includes troubleshooting.
- Analytical testing of rubber products
- Analysis and interpretation of test data
- Maintenance of test equipment used for raw materials, compound and analytical testing
- Compound mixing procedures, compound specifications and quality for all processes
- Manage the R&D lab and personnel
- Evaluation of findings to develop new concepts, products, equipment, or processes.
- Completion of process documentation
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management and sales
- Design of experiments
- Process troubleshooting - mixing, extrusion, and calendaring
- Corrective Action/Preventative Action support
- Production and Quality Support
- Customer Interactions
- Willing to work with the QC Department to meet requirements needed to maintain our ISO-900l:2015 accredidation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical, Polymer Science or Rubber Technology
- 5 -10 years of experience in Rubber Mixing and Manufacturing.
- Rubber Compounding - Strong understanding of engineering and polymer fundamentals and conceptual skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States