Manufacturer of Compound Rubber Parts for OEM'S throughout the world seeks a Senior Elastomeric Chemist to join their team.
We pay 100% of your healthcare and also a percentage of your deductible. In addition pay your short term, long term, and life insurance 100%. We provide a safe and friendly work environment. We care about family and quality of life.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for technical support for our mill that includes mixing, extrusion and calendaring. Liaison between Production and R&D to effectively manage trials and other materials throughout the manufacturing process. Leads Lab to ensure quality of the compounds used in production.
- Development of rubber compounds for original equipment manufactures throughout the world.
- Analysis of failures from failed rubber production batches and customer returns includes troubleshooting.
- Analytical testing of rubber products
- Analysis and interpretation of test data
- Maintenance of test equipment used for raw materials, compound and analytical testing
- Compound mixing procedures, compound specifications and quality for all processes
- Manage the R&D lab and personnel
- Evaluation of findings to develop new concepts, products, equipment, or processes.
- Completion of process documentation
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management and sales
- Design of experiments
- Process troubleshooting - mixing, extrusion, and calendaring
- Corrective Action/Preventative Action support
- Production and Quality Support
- Customer Interactions
- Willing to work with the QC Department to meet requirements needed to maintain our ISO-900l:2015 accredidation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical, Polymer Science or Rubber Technology
- 5 -10 years of experience in Rubber Mixing and Manufacturing.
- Rubber Compounding - Strong understanding of engineering and polymer fundamentals and conceptual skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States